IYogi's stature in the tech support field has diminished in recent years, due in part to more competitive pricing offered by some notable competitors. It's Digital Home Plan starts at $149.99/year (renews at $119.99) and includes a five-year $30 licensing fee for iYogi’s Support Deck/Tech Genie PC optimization tools. Support the companies that are doing a good job, and pressure other companies to share because a circular economy is our best opportunity to develop an economic system that works with the.
If you ask us, technology is pretty amazing. The possibilities are endless, if you know where to start. That’s where we come in. Our Explained series helps you get the most out of your tech and makes life just a little bit easier.
Tech to Us is a 100% US based provider of remote tech support services. Our skilled, experienced and professional technicians support both home users and small businesses as well. When it comes to remote tech support, we’ve established a new mark for industry excellence. USPS.com Website Support - Browser and Download Issues.
Today, we’re able to wirelessly connect more devices than ever before. From our phones to our cars, smart TVs to smart speakers, fitness watches to wireless earbuds, the possibilities are endless thanks to Bluetooth technology.
You’ve probably heard of Bluetooth, but maybe you’re not be familiar with how it works or how many uses there are for it. Let us show you. Keep reading and you’ll see just how useful Bluetooth can be for connecting you to your tech.
What is Bluetooth exactly?
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that sends data over short distances using radio waves in fixed and mobile devices. Basically, this means it allows you to play music from your phone through a wireless speaker or talk hands-free while driving your car.
What is Bluetooth pairing?
Pairing is the process of connecting two Bluetooth devices. The steps you’ll take to complete the pair will change depending on which devices you have (phones, speakers, watches, headphones, TVs, etc.). Be sure to check each device’s instructions for information on discovery mode, pairing requirements, and more.
When your device is in pairing mode, it should display a signal in the form of a flashing light or small sound.
How do I connect multiple Bluetooth devices?
There’s no difference in the pairing process; however, sometimes two devices of the same kind cannot be paired simultaneously. For example, a set of wireless headphones and a Bluetooth speaker cannot be paired to the same device at the same time. However, you can pair AirPods and an Apple Watch to an iPhone at the same time.
Does Bluetooth drain your phone battery?
When a device checks for Bluetooth connectivity in the background regularly, it will consume a small amount of your battery life. For those who have devices with batteries that are two years or older, it’s recommended to disable Bluetooth when you don’t need to connect.
For tips on how to avoid draining your battery read this.
Okay, let’s get to the fun part – get ready to pair!
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to iPhone or iPad?
- On your phone, open Settings app and tap Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on (the button should be green).
- Check your Bluetooth device to make sure it’s turned on and in discovery mode. Wait for it to show up under My Devices below the Bluetooth setting on your device.
- Tap the device name you want to pair with to initiate the connection. You may be asked to input a special code, but only if the device you’re connecting with requires one.
- Your device is now ready to use when it shows “Connected” next to the name of the device. If it shows “Not Connected” simply tap the device name again to reconnect.
Does Apple Homepod have Bluetooth?
Unfortunately, no, the Apple Homepod can’t connect directly to your Bluetooth devices. Instead, it uses the Apple Airplay technology and utilizes Siri to control the phone to speaker commands. At this time, Homepod is only compatible with other Apple Airplay devices.
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to Android?
- On your phone, open the Settings app and tap Bluetooth (or Settings > Connections > Bluetooth).
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on (the button should be blue).
- Check your Bluetooth device and make sure it’s turned on and in discovery mode. Wait for it to show up under Available Devices on your phone.
- Tap the name of your Bluetooth device under Available Devices.
- Your device is ready to use when it shows “Connected” next to the name of the device. If it shows, “Not Connected” simply tap the device name again to reconnect.
How do I connect an iPhone or Android to car Bluetooth?
If you’re connecting to your car, these steps are slightly different than the ones listed above. Start by selecting Source on your car stereo, then press the button for Bluetooth Audio (sometimes labeled BT Audio).
Steps for pairing will vary depending on the make and model of your car, so check your user manual for specific instructions. In most instances, you’ll use your car’s digital display screen to connect your device. You may be prompted to enter a PIN or code to pair your device. This PIN or code should appear on your car’s display screen and you’ll need to enter it in your device to establish the connected.
Once your device is connected, you’ll see the Bluetooth icon appear on your car’s display screen.
Instructionsbe Tech Helpline
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to a PC computer?
- Turn your Bluetooth device on and put it in discovery mode.
- Turn your PC’s Bluetooth on:
- On the task bar, select Action Center > Bluetooth.
- If you don’t see the Bluetooth icon appear on the task bar, select the Startbutton, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and click the button to turn Bluetooth on.
- In the lower right hand corner, click on the Bluetooth icon, select Connect > the name of the device you want to pair.
When your Bluetooth device is on and in connectivity range of your PC, it should connect automatically after the initial pairing.
Instructionsbe Tech Help Desk
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to a Mac or Macbook?
- Turn your Bluetooth device on and put it in discovery mode. If you’re unsure how to do that, check the device’s pairing instructions.
- On your Mac, click Apple menu > System Preferences and click Bluetooth.
- Select the name of the device shown on the list, then click Connect.
When your Bluetooth device is on and in connectivity range of your Mac, they should automatically connect.
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to Amazon Echo?
- Set your Echo and the Bluetooth device near each other; at least three feet apart, preferably.
- Turn your Bluetooth device on and set it to pairing mode. If you’re unsure how to do that, check the device’s pairing instructions.
- Be sure you have the Amazon Alexa app downloaded to your device. Using the Alexa app, select the Devices icon and choose the name of your Bluetooth device.
- Select Bluetooth Devices > Pair a New Device.
- When a list of available Bluetooth devices appears, select your device and follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I connect a Bluetooth device to Google Home?
- Turn your Bluetooth device on and set it to pairing mode.
- Make sure you have the Google Home app downloaded to your device. Open the Google Home app to begin the pairing process.
- Tap the name of the device you would like to pair with the Bluetooth speaker.
- Tap Settings in the top right corner > Default music speaker.
- Tap Pair Bluetooth speaker. Tap the device once it appears on the screen.
Remember, you can only have one connected speaker or set of headphones at a time. You’ll need to disconnect from one to connect to the other.
TC Venture & TC Dimension Trigger Spring Kit Taking You To The Next Level
Jan 15, 2020 9:13:25 AM
The Thompson Center factory makes a great rifle but can fall short in providing a true performance trigger that you can depend on to produce Sub-MOA results. Let's face the fact, fighting a heavy inconsistent factory trigger is a battle that takes time and practice to win. You simply can't perform your best if your trigger pull is heavy or inconsistent.
Getting to a high level of precision not only takes time, but it also takes knowledge of your weapon and a commitment to perfect practice.
It’s all about accuracy. Rifle triggers are meant to be squeezed very slowly. Accurate and precise shot placement on an animal is extremely important so you shouldn’t rush the shot process and pull the trigger to make the gun go off. That will lead to your bullet missing the mark and hitting in a different place entirely.
While shooting a rifle, you don't want to know when your rifle goes off. Just like in archery, anticipating the shot leads to flinching. Instead of pulling the trigger back suddenly, just gradually add pressure to the trigger while keeping your crosshairs on the animal. Eventually, the rifle will fire with a surprise break.
Heavy triggers can also cause you to flinch and are more difficult to achieve a clean break. Most factory triggers are set at approx. 4 lbs and ones that have an adjustable trigger usually have a range of 3 to 5 lbs.
While many of the modern rifles have adjustments, these adjustments can only take you so far. Demanding the best means you need a simple cost-effective solution - BELLM TCs trigger job springs are the answer!
For an amazing reduced pull weight trigger job that you can DO YOURSELF - The TC Venture Trigger Spring Kit & TC Dimension Trigger Spring Kit (trigger assembly is exactly the same on both the TC Venture and TC Dimension) brought to you by the pros at BELLM TCs. Our new trigger spring will provide the performance trigger you will be proud of and with our detailed instructions, you can do this!
(Remember this kit has your TC Dimension Trigger Job covered as well! With Bellm's hard to beat prices, your just a handful of dollars away from performing at an extreme level with your TC Dimension Trigger Upgrade)
What We Offer
An extremely cost-effective solution to a heavy factory pull starts with a cost-effective spring from the people who have been helping T/C shooters for 40 years. No longer do you have to settle for a heavy factory trigger pull. Our custom made performance spring is designed to take your TC Venture or TC Dimension to the extreme level of performance you have been dreaming of.
- Impressive reduction in measurable trigger pull weight, 50% or more at 2lbs or less.
- Improve Accuracy and overall Performance, a trigger you can FEEL the difference.
- Drop-In installation, no modifying of parts needed
- Free tech support if needed, we do install what we sell. If you don't wish to do it yourself you can always send it to us.
- Fast Processing and Shipping, We ship 6 days a week.
- Designed and MADE IN THE USA
- BEST RESULTS for the LEAST amount of money.
- FREE BELLM TCs sticker with every order while supplies last
Regular Price: $14.95
Our Price: $11.00
If you're going to be making this upgrade you may find the following Owner's Manual for your TC Venture/TC Dimension useful in fully understanding your firearm!
We literally wrote the book on the Encore trigger job nearly 20 years ago and have helped THOUSANDS worldwide obtain outstanding triggers with our inexpensive trigger spring kits and easy to follow instructions.
Be sure to check out Bellm T/Cs for all of your Thompson Center products as well as our extensive selection of firearms, tools, and accessories!
Stay tuned to our TechSupport/FAQ/Blog posts as we'll continue to bring you knowledgable information that only the pros at Bellm T/Cs can provide!