- How To Download Photos From Camera To Mac
- How To Download Photos From Canon Camera To Macbook
- How To Download Photos From Nikon Camera To Mac
- How To Download Photos From Camera To Macbook
- How To Download Photos From Camera To Mac Air
Before you can make any edits to your pictures, you first need to get them from your camera or phone to your computer. This can be done in a few simple steps.
You can use the photo software program that came with your digital camera. In this guide, I’ve used the Windows 10 built-in Photos App which follow a very similar process.
Before Windows 8.1 I used to import photos from my Canon camera (through Canon ZoomBrowser) and they were automatically grouped in separate folders or lines by DATE TAKEN. When importing a thousand photos at once from a month's holiday it was very convenient to separately name each day's folder for ease of future reference. Import Photos From Digital Camera to New Album on Mac. In case you have not created a dedicated folder to dump photos from digital camera to Mac, you can create a new Album while transferring Photos to Mac. Connect your Digital Camera to Mac using a USB cable. Open the Photos app on your Mac (in case it is not already open).
- a computer
- a digital camera
- a memory card from your camera (see right) to insert in your computer’s memory card slot. If your computer doesn’t have a memory card slot, you’ll need an external hard drive or memory card reader. Alternatively, if you have an appropriate USB cable, you may be able to connect your camera or phone directly to your computer.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to download pictures from camera or mobile phone to computer using the Windows Photos App
Step 1: Connect the digital camera or mobile phone to your computer with a USB cable that can transfer files.
Step 2: Turn your digital camera or mobile phone on and unlock it. Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked.
Step 3: On your PC, select the “ Start” button and then select Photos to open the Photos app.
Step 4: Select Import > From a USB device, then follow the instructions. You can pick the items you want to import and select where to save them. Allow a few moments for detection and transfer.
Alternative method: You don’t always need to use photo software to transfer photos from your camera. You can move photos from your camera as if you are moving them from an external hard drive or flash drive. Here is how:
Step 1: Connect one end of the USB cable to the port in your camera.
Step 2: Connect one the other end of the USB cable to the USB port in your computer.
Step 3: Turn on the camera or phone.
Step 4: A dialog box may appear on the screen. If it does, select “Open folder to view files” or “Open Folder”. If the dialog does not appear, click the Windows “Start” menu, select “Computer” and then choose the drive labelled for your connected camera/phone (your may need to all confirm on your phone that you want the computer to access the files on your phone).
Step 5: The pictures are probably located in a particular photo folder on the camera or phone. Open that folder. Drag individual photos from the camera or phone folder to the folder on your computer. You can select all the photos by pressing “Ctrl-A” and you can then paste them into a pictures folder on your computer by pressing “Ctrl-V”
A useful users guide to Windows 10 photos can be found here: https://compass-ssl.microsoft.com/assets/e4/83/e483cba0-0612-4ab5-b25f-51c579e1e939.pdf?n=QS-Photos-app.pdf.
Guide last updated 6th October 2020, written by Bernadette Bourgoin (Digital Champion)
How To Download Photos From Camera To Mac
View the discussion thread.
How to get photos from olympus camera to mac?
Remove the memory card from the camera
and use a card reader to make the transfer.
Both of my laptops have built-in card readers.
If your mac doesn't have one,
go to a local electronics dealer and get one.
They are not expensive.
Plug camera into computer
Open Image Capture
Depends on the 'Olympus camera'.
If the camera uses flash memory to store the images, it will also have a USB port. Connect the camera to the mack with a USB cable and use Photos to import the images.
If the camera uses film, you send the film out for processing and have the processing company create a disc for you - or have them provide you with prints and you scan them with a scanner.
If you go to the Olympus web site with your camera's model number, then use it to locate and download a manual. They are designed for this sort of question.
How To Download Photos From Canon Camera To Macbook
Which Olympus camera?
If it's a 35mm film model then you get the film processed and scanned. The scan can be to a DVD (tends to be low resolution) or to a secure website where you can download higher resolution images than you'd normally get on a disc. Many processors also allow you to supply your own USB pen drive which they load the scans onto.
How To Download Photos From Nikon Camera To Mac
How To Download Photos From Camera To Macbook
If it's a digital model then earlier Olympus cameras used xD cards (a now obsolete format) and Compact Flash cards (also now pretty well obsolete). But you can still get card readers for both of those. Reading xD cards also needs Olympus (or FujiFilm) software, as xD card data is encrypted and can't be read without software from the only two camera manufacturers who used xD cards. Compact Flash data is not encrypted and is as easy to read and use as data on modern SD cards.
If it's a later Olympus digital model then it uses SD cards: the most recent models are compatible with SDXC cards so your card reader may need to be SDXC compatible.
Get an USB card reader.
Connect the reader to the computer.
Insert card into the reader.
Open the card, copy the contents from the card to your Mac. If you're using Lightroom, the importation of images will often be automatic once the card is inserted into the card reader.
Using the camera to download images will work, but it is often plagued with connectivity issues. You will need an USB cable to connect the camera with the computer. You will need to turn the camera on, but you may need to be in a specific mode (e.g. Playback mode) in order to transfer the images.
How To Download Photos From Camera To Mac Air
The fastest and most error-free method is to get an USB card reader.
- New iPhone, took some photos prior to logging into my iCloud. Full restored from a backup of old phone photos were naturally gone? Iphone X, if software is the answer, optimally it's Mac compatible. Tried DrFone, Leawo, Tenorshare w/ no luck new iPhone, took some photos prior to logging into my iCloud. Full restored from a backup of old phone photos were naturally gone, options
- How to convert live photos to still photos on mac? Most answers I've found online say to right click the image and then you can change it. However, the 'Photos' app on my mac has saved the live images as videos, so I can't follow this process. Does anyone know how I can make the conversion? If you also know how to convert several Live Photos at once, that would be helpful.
- Freetalk Conference Camera on Mac I have a Freetalk TALK-7190 camera I bought for my Mac OSX 10.7.5. I'm thinking I need a driver for it, but I can't find one online. My computer (and other Windows one) detects that it's plugged in, I just don't see the option to use it as a webcam anywhere on either of them. I really need help with this haha, customer service 'doesn't provide support' for their products anymore.
- Mac Camera stopped working after update, how do I fix? After I updated my Mac to High Sierra, my camera says 'no longer connected' whenever I try to use it (whether it be for Photobooth, Facetime, or online video chatting, etc) I have a video interview in a few days and I need to get this fixed as soon as possible. Any suggestions are appreciated!