|EMD SD80 Series|
The SD80MAC is a 5,000 horsepower (3.7 MW) C-Croad switcherdiesel-electric locomotive. The model uses a 20-cylinder version of EMD's 710G prime mover, and is the first diesel locomotive to use a 20-cylinder engine since EMD's SD45 and SD45-2. It introduced a wide radiator housing similar to GE Transportation locomotives and the placement of dynamic brakes at the rear of the locomotive, which is a quieter location, features that were incorporated into the SD90MAC and SD70ACe models. Key spotting difference between the SD80MAC and SD90MAC include no external rear sandbox on the SD90MAC, rear number boards, and the placement of the front numberboards (above the cab windows on the SD80MAC, on the nose on most SD90MACs). The SD80MAC also has recessed red marker lights in the nose, an identifying feature unique to Conrail locomotives, although Norfolk Southern (NS) has removed the lights on most of their former Conrail engines.
All 30 SD80MAC units built were delivered to Conrail, and the 28 production units were completed, tested, and painted at the former Pennsylvania Railroad shops in Altoona, Pennsylvania.
Crucial RAM 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Memory for Mac CT2K8G3S160BM. With just a screwdriver, your owner’s manual, and a few minutes of time, you can. AMD continues its lead over Intel with Ryzen 5000 processors, but which one should you pick? Our guide to the best Ryzen CPUs has our top options. Medical Equipment GE MAC 1600 Manual. Electrocardiograph (8 pages) Medical Equipment GE MAC 5500 Service Manual. Resting ecg analysis system (166 pages). Nvidia’s GeForce NOW cloud-based game streaming service offers Windows PC, Mac, Android, and Nvidia Shield TV owners the ability to stream games they own or free-to-play games. The service allows gamers to play wherever they may be, on any supported device. Using the service’s cloud saves, players can pick back up right where they left off.
Prior to the 1995 merger with Union Pacific, Chicago and North Western Railway had placed an order of 15 locomotives. Canadian Pacific had placed an order as well but that order was changed to SD90MACs. Conrail had planned a second order of SD80MACs, but its new owners changed the order to SD70s and SD70MACs, all of which would be built at the Juniata Shops in Altoona.
Vale Mining of Brazil ordered a set of 7 updated locomotives designated as the SD80ACe model. These locomotives feature Tier 1 compliant 20-710G3C engines. The design is currently for export only, and these specific locomotives will run on Vale Mining's 5 ft 3 in (1,600 mm) broad gauge trackage.
After the split of Conrail, the SD80MACs were split up between the Norfolk Southern Railway and CSX Transportation. Norfolk Southern received 17 units (numbered 7200–7216) while CSX got 13 (800–812, being renumbered to 4590–4602). The former Conrail units were the first AC traction locomotives owned by Norfolk Southern, with the railroad not ordering more until late 2008 with an order of General Electric's ES44AC. In late 2014, Norfolk Southern announced that they had reached an agreement with CSX Transportation to trade 12 EMD SD40-2 units (NS 3425–3447) for CSX's remaining 12 SD80MACs, leaving NS as the model's sole operator. They were delivered to the NS in April 2015.
Ge Mac 1600 Service Manual
In February 2020, Norfolk Southern sold all 29 of its remaining SD80MACs to Canadian Pacific Railway and Progress Rail. Six units, 7206, 7215, 7218, 7225, 7226 and 7227 were sold to Canadian Pacific Railway as parts sources for their recent EMD SD70ACU rebuilds. The remainder of the NS fleet went to Progress Rail.
Ex-CSX 4594, formerly CSX 804, and built as CR 4110, was scrapped in January 2014 after being used as a parts donor following a derailment in early 2009.
SD80MAC technical details
The technical details of this locomotive model are as follows:
- Prime mover
- Electro-Motive Diesel V-20710G3B-ES
- Displacement: 14,200 cubic inches (233 L)
- Idle: 200 rpm
- Full speed: 904 rpm
- Lube oil capacity: 510 US gal (1,900 l; 420 imp gal)
- Cooling water capacity: 342 US gal (1,290 l; 285 imp gal)
- Fuel capacity: 5,800 US gal (22,000 l; 4,800 imp gal)
- Main alternator
- Electro-Motive Diesel TA22-CA8A
- Maximum voltage: 2600 VDC
- Maximum current: 8100 A
- Traction motors
- 6 Siemens 1TB2830 AC motors mounted 3 each on 2 HTCR-2 Radial Self Steering trucks.
- Rated output: 638 kW (856 hp)
- Gearing: 83:16
- Wheel size: 45 in (1,143 mm)
- Max revolutions: 3,435 rpm
- Starting torque: 16,300 N⋅m (12,000 lbf⋅ft)
- Continuous torque: 12,900 N⋅m (9,500 lbf⋅ft)
- Maximum voltage: 2,183 V
- Maximum speed: 75 mph (121 km/h)
- Starting tractive effort: 185,000 lbf (820 kN)
- Continuous tractive effort: 147,000 lbf (650 kN)
- Braking effort: 96,000 lbf (430 kN))
- Weight: 210 short tons (187.5 long tons; 190.5 t); 420,000 lb (190,500 kg))
Ge Mac 1600 Manual
- 'EMD SD80ACe Specifications'(PDF). EMD and Progress Rail. Archived from the original(PDF) on 24 September 2015.
- Electo-Motive Division of General Motors (1996). SD80MAC Operator's Manual 1st Edition February 1996. Electo-Motive Division of General Motors.
- ^Siemens. 'Diesel-Electric Locomotive SD80MAC with Three-Phase Drive'(PDF). Archived from the original(PDF) on 14 November 2004.