Windows 98 was released to the public on June 25, 1998, the first release was known as the first edition, another update release was released on May 5, 1999 known as the Windows 98 Second Edition. The graphical user interface (icon, color scheme, etc.) of the operating system is similar to Windows 95, but there are many new things in GUI components. Windows 98 Overall, a better and improved version of Windows 95, with bug fixes, performance improvements, web integration, and better hardware support.
Win98 img iso free download. Etcher Etcher is a powerful OS image flasher. It protects a user from accidentally overwriting hard-drives. These are the Windows 98 boot disk images available from AllBootDisks. Download the diskette image you need, and if you need assistance creating a bootable diskette from this image, visit the how-to page. Thanks to Ed Jablonowski from Bootdisk.com for creating these disks. Windows 98 runs on top of the same 'MS-DOS 7.1' with FAT32 support as Windows 95 OSR2, and it includes support for USB. Windows 98 had two major releases - a First Edition and a Second Edition. It was followed up by Windows ME. If a download does not include a boot disk, please see Microsoft Windows Boot Disks.
In the download menu, 'FE' stands for the first version and 'SE' stands for the second version.
|Available in||English, Polish, Danish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Swedish and 11 more|
- Intel 80486DX2 66 MHz CPU or better.
- 16MB RAM.
- 500MB disk space.
Installation Instructions for the VirtualBox (application)
To install Windows 98 Second Edition on Virtualbox, follow the steps below:
Windows 98 Bootable Iso Free Download
- Download any Windows 98 Second Edition (SE) and 'Windows_98_SE_Boot_Disk_Eng.7z' file from the download section.
- Extract 7z files and get ISO files.
- Install and open the Virtualbox app on your computer.
- Create a new virtual machine with the recommended configuration for Windows 98, or use manual configuration according to system requirements.
- Start VM and when it asks to select Host Drive, then select the Windows 98 ISO file extracted in step 2.
- Press Start, then go to Virtualbox menu> Devices> Floppy Drives and select Boot Disk ISO Image.
- Then go to Virtualbox Menu> Machine, and select Reset.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and start your installation.
- When the setup is complete, do not forget to remove the floppy drive from the Virtualbox menu.
Free Windows 98 Games Download Iso
The product key is not included in the download file, go to the web and search, there are lots of freebies. We do not provide operating system activation keys.